27 Oct 2022
The active substance/product type combinations listed below are due to expire under the EU Biocidal Products Regulation (EU BPR) on the following dates. This affects NI:
• (9Z,12E)-tetradeca-9, 12-dien-1-yl acetate (CAS 30507-70-1 EC n/a) in product type 19 - 31 January 2023
• 2-methylbiphenyl-3-ylmethyl (1RS)-cis-3-[(Z)-2-chloro- 3,3,3-trifluoroprop-1- enyl]-2,2-dimethylcyclopropanecarboxylate (Bifenthrin) (CAS 82657-04-3 EC n/a) in product type 8 - 31 January 2023
• Ethyl [2-(4- phenoxyphenoxy) ethyl]carbamate (Fenoxycarb) (CAS 72490-01-8 EC 276-696-7) in product type 8 - 31 January 2023
• Nonanoic acid (Pelargonic acid) (CAS 112-05-0 EC 203-931-2) in product type 19 - 31 January 2023
• 2,2-dimethyl-1,3- benzodioxol-4-yl methylcarbamate (Bendiocarb) (CAS 22781-23-3 EC 245-216-8) in product type 18 - 31 January 2024
Once the approvals expire, the active substances can no longer be used in biocidal products of the relevant product types in Northern Ireland.
If you hold an affected EU BPR product authorisation or Control of Pesticides Regulations (COPR) product approval, HSE will contact you about cancelling or revoking your authorisation or approval. You will have an opportunity to submit comments or additional information.
If you are aware of any disproportionate negative effects that are likely to arise from the expiry of any of the active substance/product type combinations listed above, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org