21 Mar 2023
Defra are seeking expressions of interest for membership of the Food and Drink Sector Council (FDSC). The FDSC brings together senior business leaders from across the agri-food chain to work with Government to address strategic issues facing the sector and to take action to maximise opportunities. The FDSC is entering a new phase and is resetting its work programme. The FDSC has agreed its priorities and is currently scoping what that work will be, so now is an exciting time to get involved.
The FDSC is co-chaired by industry and Government - Tim J Smith CBE for industry, with Mark Spencer, Minister of State for Food at Defra. The co-chairs want to add new voices to the Council, increase business representation and fill gaps, by appointing new members to represent the following sectors:
● Finance / banking (investment in the sector)
● Food and Drink Manufacturing
● Primary Processing
● Public sector food
Defra would be grateful if you would promote these opportunities through your networks. FDSC members are senior business leaders (CEO and equivalent) appointed for their standing in the sector, to represent their sector. The role of members is to:
● Represent their sector, from their individual perspectives.
● Contribute to and drive forward the Council’s work programme.
● Make constructive and honest contributions in Council discussions.
● Challenge each other and Government.
● Champion the Council through their networks.
● Understand the strategic context and be frank about opportunities and risks.
● Be able to allocate sufficient time and resources to meet the expectations of the
Application is via CV to email@example.com by midday on Monday 27 March. Tenure is for 2 years, with the option to renew once. Full details are available at : Role details – Member of the Food and Drink Sector Council – Apply for a public appointment – GOV.UK (apply-for-public-appointment.service.gov.uk)